Port Nelson United Church
Burlington Arts and Letters Club
The Arts and Letters Club of Burlington, Ontario was formed in 1948 by a small group of dedicated women as an out-growth of the Roseland Book Club. Its purpose was to develop interest in literature and the arts, through the circulation of books, lectures on literary topics, art, music, films and drama. The early meetings were held in the Lion’s Club Hall, later in Trefoil Lodge, and then in the Burlington Central Library.
The fonds consists of minute books, treasurers reports, membership lists, lists of speakers and programmes, listings of books circulated, scrapbooks and photographs. There is one wooden plaque, presented to “Arts & Letters Club” on the occasion of the Incorporation of the City of Burlington, January 1, 1974.