The City of Burlington is planning some exciting improvements to Ireland Park in 2016 and 2017. Phase one of the construction will start in spring 2016 and will include:
- An accessible splash pad with ground sprays and shaded seating areas
- Sports field amenities, including new accessible spectator areas with permanent bleachers
- Repairs to existing parking lots and parking lot lighting
- Accessible asphalt pathways with seating areas
- New pathway lighting
- New goal posts at three soccer fields.
Pending budget approval by Burlington City Council, phase two of the construction will include a community garden. Construction is expected to begin in late summer 2017. It is anticipated the community garden will be operational in spring 2018.